Health and Safety


Social Media

iWatch and Anti-Terrorism page



Military/Veteran Crisis Line

Suicide Prevention

Directorate of Human Resources

Due to the necessity for unit training and for accommodating Soldier deployments and returns as well as other recurring special circumstances, the hours of operation of various sections of the Directorate of Human Resources and tenant offices may vary from the norm.

We strongly encourage all those who use DHR services to call ahead to ensure services will be available in that staff section.

Administrative Services Division (ASD) Army Continuing Education Services (ACES) Army Substance Abuse Program (ASAP) Military Personnel Division (MPD)
Schofield Barracks Post Office
Building 258
Phone: 808-655-5033

For a directory/operator, call 808-449-7110.
Schofield Barracks Ed Center
1565 Kolekole Ave, Building 560, Yano Hall, 2nd floor
Phone: 808-655-0800/0805
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday
9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Closed: All Federal holidays

Visit ACES webpage.
Kolekole Ave, Building 2091, Schofield Barracks
Phone: 808-655-9113

ASAP Clinic
368 Glennan St., Building 673, Schofield Barracks
Phone: 808-433-8700

Visit ASAP webpage.
Soldiers Support Center
673 Ayres Avenue, Building 750, Schofield Barracks

Click for Phone Listing.
Hours of Operation:
6:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
Closed: All Federal holidays
Tripler Education Complex
823 Krukowski Road, Building 102, Tripler Army Medical Center
Phone: 808-433-4182/4184
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday,
9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Closed: All Federal holidays
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday
7:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
and 1-4:30 p.m.
Closed: All Federal holidays
Click for Hours of Operation.
Closed: All Federal holidays

New to or being assigned to Hawaii? Looking for a sponsor? Visit the Sponsorship page.

The Military Personnel Division encompasses many offices that provide services to Soldiers, civilians and family members. Click to view current operating hours and phone numbers for MPD branches and services. Visit the tabs below for more information about each service.

The Personnel Operations Branch takes care of:

  • Reassignments
  • Family Travel: Early Return of Dependents; Command Sponsorship; and Family Member, Space A and Dependent Student Travel Program
  • Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
  • Congressional Correspondence

The Personnel Service Branch takes care of:

  • Out-Processing
  • DEERS/ID Cards/Agent Cards/Passport/Naturalization
  • DA Boards: Records Management, Deserter Control and Soldier Surveys
  • Fort Shafter Composite Team

The Personnel Processing Branch takes care of:


The ID Card Office at Schofield Barracks utilizes an online appointment system that allows customers to make a new appointment, reschedule or cancel an existing appointment. Click here for ID Card appointment tips.

All customers requiring ID Cards must make an appointment.  

Scheduling an Appointment

To access the system and schedule an appointment:

  • Click on Schofield Barracks to access the system.
  • Select your desired date for your appointment (available dates are shaded in green).
  • Select the desired time for your appointment.
  • Enter in your information for all fields. If you are retired or do not have an organization code, enter in “N/A.” An email address is not required but will be used to send you a confirmation message.
  • When you are done, click on the “Submit” button.

You will receive an immediate confirmation of your scheduled appointment with an 8-digit confirmation number. An email confirmation of your appointment will be sent to the email address if you provided one.

Please print a copy of this notice for your information and as a reminder of your appointment.

Please report to the ID card office 15 minutes prior to your appointment to receive ID card services. Failure to report within 15 minutes after your appointment time will result in cancellation, and you will need to schedule a new appointment.

To find or cancel an appointment, please follow the same steps as indicated above. You will receive an immediate notice as well as an email notice to your email address on the status of your appointment.

In order for a family member to receive an ID Card or ID Card/DEERS services, the military sponsor must be present to sign the DD Form 1172 to authorize the issuance of the ID Card. Sponsors may provide the adult family member with either a General Power of Attorney or a Special Power of Attorney for ID Card/DEERS services to authorize the family member to update the DEERS database or to sign the DD Form 1172 on the sponsor’s behalf. No exceptions allowed.

Lost or Stolen CAC or ID Card

Review this Memorandum for ID Card Customers and download this Lost/Stolen Incident Report for CAC/ID Cards and bring the form with you to the ID Card Office during your scheduled or walk-in appointment.


Walk-In/Stand-By Customers
Walk-in customers will be accepted on the following priority basis: (1) Non-PSDR Soldiers & DA Civilians/Contractors requiring immediate CAC access for official duties; (2) Retired & Family Members; (3) PSDR Soldiers with an expired or damaged CAC.

CAC Pin Reset/Chip Update
No appointment is required for a CAC Pin Reset/Chip Update. If you receive an error stating you have been BLOCKED or LOCKED OUT, you will be required to reset your CAC. This action will be conducted as a walk-in service.

Lost/Stolen/Destroyed ID Card - Family Members
DD Form 1172-2 (signed by the Sponsor) serves as the supporting documentation for lost/stolen ID report. If the Sponsor is not present, valid General Power of Attorney and Lost/Stolen Incident Report are required.

Lost/Stolen/Destroyed CAC - Military Members
A Lost/Stolen Incident Report for CAC or Counseling Statement from the Soldier's First Sergeant or Supervisor (E7 & above) describing the date, place, and circumstances of the loss or theft.

Lost/Stolen/Destroyed CAC - DOD/DA Civilians
A Letter or Memorandum for Record signed by the Supervisor describing the date, place and circumstances of the lost or theft which can be typed on the activity's letterhead.

Lost/Stolen/Destroyed CAC - DOD Contractors
A Letter or Memorandum for Record signed by the Supervisor or CVS Trusted Agent describing the date, place and circumstances of the loss or theft which can be typed on the activity's letterhead.

Lost/Stolen ID Card - Retired Member
Retiree must fill out the Lost/Stolen Incident Report describing the date, place and circumstances of the lost or theft in the DEERS office. DEERS Site Security Manager will sign the form to validate the lost card. PMO stamped is no longer required.

PSDR Units

Soldiers assigned to PSDR units (25th ID, 8th TSC, and USARPAC, STB) must report to their supporting Bde/STB S1 for CAC/ID Card support.

Location and Contact Information

The ID Card/DEERS Office at Schofield Barracks is located in Building 750, the Soldier Support Center, on Ayers Avenue, next to the Hale Kula Elementary School. Enter through McNair Gate off Kamehameha Highway (Hwy. 99). Call 808-655-1272.

Operating Hours

Schofield Barracks ID office is open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m.; and Thursday, 8 a.m.-noon. Closed all federal holidays.

Alternate ID Card Facilities on Oahu

ID Card/DEERS services are also available at the following ID Card facilities:

  • U.S. Army Reserve Center: Fort Shafter Flats, 1557 Pass St., Building 1557, 3rd Floor. Office hours are 8-11:30 a.m. and 1-3 p.m., Monday - Friday. Phone: 808-438-1600, ext. 3195.
  • Tripler Army Medical Center (TAMC): Office location is at the Oceanside Entrance, 2nd door on right. Office hours are 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Monday - Friday. Phone: 808-433-9166/9167.
  • Pearl Harbor Naval Station: 4827 Bougainville Dr., Honolulu (next to the Moanaloa Shopping Center). Office hours are 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. for first-come first-served walk-ins, and 8 a.m.-3 p.m. for appointments. Appointments are preferred. Phone: 808-471-2405, ext. 5209.
  • U.S. Air Force, Hickam AFB: 624th Regional Support Group, Hanger 7, Room 2. Office hours are 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday - Friday by appointment only. Phone: 808-449-3393.
  • U.S. Coast Guard: Honolulu. Sand Island Administration Building, 2nd Floor. Office hours are 8 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Monday - Friday by appointment only. Phone: 808-842-2062/2063.

Passport and Naturalization Office

The official U.S. Army passport agent for U.S. Army-Hawaii is located in the Passport and Naturalization Office, located in Room 109, Building 750, or the Soldier Support Center, on Schofield Barracks.

The Passport Office only accepts and processes applications for official, no-fee, and diplomatic passports for U.S. Citizens (native born, naturalized, American Samoa, Virgin Islands, Guam and Puerto Rico). Passports for unofficial/leisure travel must be applied for through a local U.S Post Office or Hawaii Public Library. For more information on other locations, call 1-877-487-2778.


The Passport and Naturalization Office is open by appointment only, noon-4 p.m., Mondays-Wednesdays and Fridays. Call 808-655-1974/4629 or 4949 to make an appointment.

Acceptable Forms of Identification

The Directorate of Human Resources began following the Department of Homeland Security's identification security directive, Dec. 11, 2008. These new directives must be met to obtain either a Common Access Card (CAC) or an ID Card for military personnel, authorized civilians and contractors, retirees, and family members seeking to renew or replace a military Identification Card.

The DEERS/RAPIDS system will not produce a new CAC or ID Card without first scanning two forms of identification with a current photograph into the data base maintained by the Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC) in Alexandria, Va.

Click here to view a list of approved documents.

Family Travel Section

The Family Travel Section assists Soldiers and family members with the functions stated below. Request for any of these actions should be initiated by the Soldier through the brigade or battalion S1 (Personnel), approved by the chain of command and submitted to the Family Travel Section for processing.

Hours of operations are from 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday; 1-4 p.m. Thursday. The Family Travel Section is located in Room 136, Building 750, Soldier Support Center, Schofield Barracks. Call the Family Travel Section at 808-655-1804/4633.

Early Return Of Dependent(s)

Command Sponsorship

Compassionate Reassignment

Family Member and Space “A” (Available) Travel

Dependent Student Travel Program

The installation out-processing clearance process begins upon receipt of orders for permanent change of station (PCS) or retirement/separation. To receive installation/unit clearing papers (DA Form 137-2/137-1), please view the presentations linked below and follow the instructions:

If you have any questions, please contact Out-Processing Center (OPC) Section at 808-655-4274, Building 750 (Soldier Support Center), Room 102.

Soldiers that are proceeding on orders for an intra-post transfer, AGR or NG must contact the OPC for further instructions at 808-655-4274.

Hours of Operation - Monday - Friday 0900 – 1130 & 1300 -1530. We are closed on weekends, and Federal Holidays.

*Please note: This briefing only covers procedures for Soldiers assigned to the Pacific Region with the exception of Tripler Army Medical Center (TAMC) Soldiers, who will report to the Human Resources Division at TAMC.

Click HERE for a listing of CAC-enabled computers available for your use.


While Soldiers PCS, they are still responsible to the last place that they in-processed (Schofield/Tripler) if they want to receive care, until they in-process at their new assignment and obtain a new primary care manager. View the document below for more information about what Soldiers need to do with their Tricare accounts during a PCS. Call 1-800-322-8262 with any questions.


The mission of the Military Personnel Division’s (MPD) Reassignment Section is to ensure that all Soldiers on Assignment Instructions (AI) be allowed to have a smooth and timely Permanent Change of Station (PCS) transition. All Soldiers on AI must meet the requirements of AR 614-30 and AR 614-200 for enlisted and AR 614-100 for officers to receive their PCS orders.

Soldiers are notified of their AI within 120 days of their DEROS through their AKO. MPD retrieves AI and special instructions from eMILPO and EDAS for enlisted and TOPMIS for officers and notifies the unit S1s (personnel shops) of their levy briefing schedules. MPD human resource techs conduct one-on-one interviews with Soldiers during the levy briefs to confirm all the information prior publishing orders. PCS orders are published after all the requirements are met. Orders may only be picked up by authorized personnel staff (S1).

Levy Briefs

Other services offered by the Reassignment Section are as follows:

Transition Center

The mission of the Transition Center is to provide separation services to all Soldiers of the Pacific Rim. The section processes ETS, Retirements, Release from Active Duty (REFRAD), Medical Separations, Discharge/Retirement, Chapter Eliminations (both Voluntary and Involuntary separations), mobilized RC Soldiers, and release and retirement of AGR Soldiers.

The Transition Center issues DD Form 214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty), discharge certificates, retirement flags, pins and certificates.

For Soldiers requiring separation information, call 808-655-0175. The Transition Center is open 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday-Friday. They are located in the Soldier Support Center, Building 750, Room 200, Schofield Barracks.

Click here to view the information paper on the Transition Center.

Retirement Services Office

The mission of the Retirement Services Office (RSO) is to provide quality and exceptional service to all retiring/retired Soldiers, their family members and widows with up-to-date information on authorized retirement benefits and entitlements they have earned serving our nation. RSO provides pre-retirement support, mandatory Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP) counseling, publishes local retiree bulletins and supports the Installation Retiree Council.

Click here to view RSO's information paper. For information and services, call 808-655-1585/5384/1514, between 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday-Friday. Services are available by appointment only.

The main services of the RSO are the following:

Pre-retirement Orientation


Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP) Counseling


Unqualified Resignation


Unqualified Resignation - Pregnancy


Voluntary Chapters


Voluntary Retirement



The Casualty Assistance Center (CAC) serves as the primary point of contact for surviving spouses of active duty and retired service members. The staff handles notification of next-of-kin, coordinates casualty assistance officers, and briefs surviving family members on their benefits.

The CAC also arranges military honors with funeral homes for all deceased Army personnel (active duty, retirees, veterans).

Location, Hours and Contact Information

Casualty Assistance Center
Soldier Family Assistance Center building (SFAC)
371 Brannon Road, Building 663
Schofield Barracks, HI 96857

8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday (closed federal holidays)
Call 808-655-1199 or (C) 348-1085.

After hours, weekends and holidays, call the Installation Operations Center (IOC) at 808 656-3272.
Email Imcom-pacific.list.casualty-assistance-center

Casualty Notification/Assistance Officers (CNO/CAO) Training

Casualty Notification/Assistance Officers must attend a three-day certification course prior to performing these services. The CAC's training instructor offers this course every month.

To register for this course, use ATARRS or call 808-655-9608/1199 for additional information.

Benefits and Entitlements

Surviving spouses of active and retired duty Soldiers may receive casualty assistance through three methods:

1. Live Assistance. The Benefits Coordinator serves as a survivor's advocate who processes benefit claims, coordinates services from support organizations, and answers questions related to entitlements.

2. Guided Assistance. The CAC can also arrange for a Casualty Assistance Officer (CAO) to visit the survivor at a location of choice. The CAO will assist with completion of the forms and serve as a liaison between the survivor and the Benefits Coordinator.

3. Distance Assistance. The Benefits Coordinator can mail the survivor the customized packet of forms and information which pertain to the survivor's specific situation. The survivor can mail the forms directly to individual offices or return the entire packet to the Benefits Coordinator for processing. Click here for details on various benefits and entitlements available to Surviving Families.

Contact the benefits coordinator via email or phone at 808-655-5643.

Memorial Affairs

The CAC coordinates military funeral honors for eligible deceased veterans, retirees and active duty Soldiers in the Hawaii area of responsibility. To request a military honors funeral, complete the Funeral Honors Request Form and fax the request to 808-655-8302.

To request burial in the Post Cemetery, contact via email or phone at 808-655-5124.

Mortuary Affairs

The Mortuary Affairs Coordinator ensures the proper care and disposition of a Soldier's remains and personal effects. The CAC also prepares orders for eligible survivors to travel at government expense to their Soldier's funeral and/or unit memorial.

Contact via email or phone at 808-655-4259/1199.

Helpful Resources

Dependent Deaths

All military dependents are reportable deaths; when a dependent becomes deceased, report the death to the CAC immediately. The CAC will assist the Soldier with all family life claims, and provide them with a list of mortuaries located on Oahu. Shipment of remains is reimbursable.

Contact the Casualty Operations Coordinator via email or phone at 808-655-5144/1199.

If you're not automatically redirected, please visit Soldier for Life: Transition Assistance Program.

Installation Voting Assistance Office

I Care, I Count, I Vote: Armed Forces Voter Week is June 27-July 5.

Visit for a one-stop-shop for uniformed citizens and absentee voting information or visit Human Resources Command's Voting Resources.

Send Your Vote Home
Visit for more information.

Read the Department of the Army's Election Year Guidance for Service Members.

The garrison's Voting Assistance Office is located in the Soldier Support Center, Building 750, Room 116, Ayers Ave., Schofield Barracks, 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday-Friday; via phone at 655-5546/1653.

The Installation Voting Assistance Office serves as a Voter Registration Agency under the NVRA (National Voter Registration Act) and provides the following voting-related services:

Provides information on voter registration and the absentee ballot procedures;

Provides material on the voting process, requesting absentee ballot and mailing the completed forms;

Assists all uniformed service members, eligible family members and civilians who have access to the Voting Assistance Office; and

Assists military units' Voting Assistants. 


View more photos on Flickr.

The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Department of Defense of the linked web sites, or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) sites, the United States Department of Defense does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. All links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this Department of Defense website.